Rise Up For The Fallen: A 9/11 National Memorials Run Across America

Header2

March 1. 2016, I will begin running across America, raising awareness and donations for The 9/11 National Memorial Trail Alliance. They are a 501(c)3 non-profit, working to establish a National Memorial Trail (a multi-use run, hike, bike trail) connecting the three 9/11 Memorial crash sites. It would be the first of it's kind in the US, as there currently are no federally designated "National Memorial" Trails in existence. When it's finished, it will be an approximately 1100 mile long triangle shaped route linking the Pentagon Memorial, Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA, and the National September 11 Memorial in New York City.

I will be blogging the journey on here. Thanks for stopping in!

August 13, 2013

The Race is done. I finished in under 10 days...

 9days, 10hrs, 11mins, 42 secs to be exact :)

 Now it's time to get those Donations in.

There are lots of pictures and some commentary over on the VolRun4Change Facebook page. Don't worry, You don't need a Facebook account to view the page. You can view it anonymously anytime.

As you might imagine, the personal journey I took while completing this race was quite cathartic. It's going to be very difficult to put it into words all the thoughts, feelings, situations, and the like, that happened along the way to the finish line. The other "Vol Stater's" will understand perfectly. The general public, probably not so much.

So, it will be my great task to put the whole experience into words so you, the reader, will hopefully be able relate to what I was feeling/thinking along the way.

In order to do that, I will have to go back in time and give you a little back story. But before I do that, I must tell you, it will be a while before I'll be able to tell the whole story.

As soon as I am able, I will lay everything out for the whole world to ponder and peruse.

For right now, I'd just like to meet my Donation Goal of $10,314. So please start sending in that change.

The research funding The Pat Summitt Foundation will be able to provide with your generous donations, may end up  helping you or someone you love!!!

No comments: